martes, 10 de octubre de 2017

SCHOOL, ART AND HISTORY

I woke up at 6:00, but I was feeling energetic because it was going to be my first school day in Austria. Isabelle (my Austrian mother) drove me to the school, HTL Perg, a big modern school. First of all I met the other two foreign students, Henrick, from Sweden, and Noel, from Belgium. Then Mrs. Danner, our tutor, introduced us to the classroom and we played some funny games to get to know each other better. This day I was at school just for four hours, so we didn’t do much more. That afternoon Isabelle and I took Hellios (the family’s dog) for a walk along the Danube bank. I ended the day playing a ludo game with the whole family. The ludo was one of the presents that I took them from Spain.
The next day my first class was Physical Education. The teacher let us select what sport we wanted to do, I (as a good Spanish) chose football! I know that you don’t want to hear more about lessons and you want to read my adventures at the weekend, so there we go! On Friday, Sebastian, two of his friends (Niklas and Thomas) and I went to Linz to paint graffiti. On the way to the wall that we were going to use (a wall builded to paint graffiti over it) we saw an incredible graffiti by a famous artist who painted the faces of some famous rappers, it looks like a photo! I had never painted graffiti before, so I enjoyed my first time a lot! I am not very good, but they said that being my first time my graffiti wasn’t too bad. They painted a big graffiti that was very cool.
On Sunday I made other cultural visit, but very different from my visit to Linz. We went to Mauthausen, one of the biggest nazi concentration camps. It is very near our house and it is certainly not a funny visit, but it is history and it is important to see and remember what happened there. We chose a good day to go there because, at the same moment, Spain was living difficult moments and a lot of violence because of the Catalan referendum and in Mauthausen, where a lot of Catalans and Spanish republicans died, there were a lot of Catalan and republican flags.

In summary, it was a week when I did lots of different and varied things.

5 comentarios:

  1. Hi, Gabriel.
    I have enjoyed a lot reading your austrian adventures! I think you are a lucky boy! Enjoy your experience and don't forget to talk us about it.
    Kind regards! Rafa Ulloa

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hello Gabriel!
    After reading your post, I know you are enjoying your experience in Austria...
    It is pretty interesting what you have made so far, above all the graffiti of some famous rappers, because all of us know that you love it. Moreover you have visited a concentration camp , something difficult to forget, that shows you a lot.

    I hope you enjoy a lot.
    Best regard. Eva Fernández

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hi Gabriel!

    I really like all the things you're doing there. I hope you're making lots of friends. The part that I most liked about your post was the graffiti one. It really looks like a photo! Also I think the Mauthausen camp visit might have been an unforgetable experience, I remember when last year we did some works for ethics class about it.

    Hope you're having a great time,

    Telva.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Hi, Gabriel, I am now reading your blog and You must be proud of it and of being experiencing so many different things. Congrats!!!

    ResponderEliminar