lunes, 30 de octubre de 2017

BLOG 4: FOOD AND NATURE


Trying the typical food of a country that you visit is obligatory. Because of this, the other two exchange students and I had an activity on Thursday  that consisted  in going to a restaurant to taste some typical food. I ate a burger that had, meat, eggs, bacon, lettuce, and a special sauce that is typical of Austria, that makes the burger very special and different. The “funny” anecdote happened at the end of the lunch. The waiter of the restaurant, (who had been very friendly with us and had told me that he used Spanish to impress the girls) brought us a really hot chillli and he said that if any of us could eat it he would give us free drinks. Nöel (the Belgian guy) and I decided to play a game of “Rock, paper or scissors” and agreed that the loser would eat the chilli. Unfortunately, I was the loser! I had to eat the chilli and it was really hard, I was drinking water at the bathroom for thirty minutes after that… but I won the free drinks! Obviously, I chose milk as  my free drink, I need it to stop the flavour of the chilli. I add here a funny picture of me and Henrik after eat so much.                           
On Saturday we went to a kind of zoo that had a lot of types of birds and rabbits. There were from pigeons to tropical birds, and I remember that I saw a bird really similar to the capercaillie, that bird that is in danger of extinction an it is almost only found in Asturias. In the rabbit section, there were some seven kg. rabbits, that looked almost like dogs. For me the coolest ones were the smaller ones, and Anna (my host-sister) thought the same so… she bought one! It is a small black and white rabbit that is called David. Some judges valued and scored the animals and David was one of the bests. Then we ate there. Here was  a restaurant there that is totally eco-friendly and only serves organic food with products from their farm. It was a really cool healthy lunch.
This post is shorter because on Sunday I decided to rest for the school trip to Viena… so my next post will be the best for sure!


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario